”Follow the Vikings is a four-year transnational project funded by Creative Europe, which aims to make transnational Viking heritage accessible and understandable to a world-wide audience. The project brings together a network of partners from across the Viking world to broaden and develop the audience to Viking heritage and its sites across Europe.”
*Text from the Follow the Vikings Webpage: Follow The Vikings Project | Follow The Vikings
The FTV roadshow was part of the a bigger Follow the Vikings project. The roadshow contained actors, a battle, song, movie projections and dancers. The story of the show is following the life story of Egil Skalagrimsson, the famous Icelandic poet.
one of the trailers
MY CONTRIBUTION IN THIS PROJECT:
- Dancing and performing an own created solo (6-7min) as one of Odins Raven, Hugin. #awesomecostumedesign
- A small acting roll.
- Choreographing on teeenagers and youth to every place we went “outreach” and they joined the show with their own choreography. ” Prepare for battle” and going berserk!*The Berserkesrs where where Nordic Viking Fighters. Said to be using wolf and bear skin clothes during battle to scare.
- Outreach: I went one week before the rest of the crew to wherever we were going. Then I taught talent groups around in Scandinavia and Europe. They learned a group choreo “Prepare for battle” where they were Berserkers.Due to the different ages, styles, and levels of the groups I met. The choreo changed accordingly to fit the dancers. They then joined our show with their own scene.
- A smaller Lip Sync Role as a nobel viking lady.
THE START OF A NEW SOLO:
The end dinner of the Follow the Vikings Roadshow Project, happend in March 2019 in York. For this event I was comissioned to present a new solo. That was the beginning of the solo: Røtter With that a viking focus has been a part of my artistic direction all my carriere. From the starting of developing the raven solo in 2016.
Fun fact: my mersona name became @mermaid.hrafna due to this role. Hrafna is Icelandic for raven.
1min and 30 sec of the Raven Solo. York 2019. Whole solo is 7 min. Music: Helvegen from Wadruna
THANK YOU TO FTV!
- Craig Morrison that believed in having a contemporary dancer and contemporary dance into this world would be a good idea.
- All the actors and vikings for your companionship.
- The young dancers I got to train around in Scandinavia and Europe for your work spirit, joy and growth you gave me in the beginning of my teaching carriere.
- The places we met and memories we made.
- All the partners for this wonderful journey I got to join.
- Wardruna, Norwegian traditional music band, for letting me/us use your music for our aristic purposes. It fits well!– The Raven -THANK YOU.